- Change your password. Ar tai reguliariai, ir išlaikyti savo slaptažodį paslaptį.
Failo manipuliavimo komandas:
cp file1 file2
- Copies file1 to file2.
mv file1 file2
- Moves file1 to file2. Jei argumentai yra tame pačiame kataloge, Ši komanda tiesiog pervadina failas1 į file2. Jei file2 yra katalogas, file1 is moved to that directory
- Removes filename.
cat file1 file2
- Concatenates file1 and file2 and prints the result to the screen.
cat file1 file2 > file3
- Concatenates file1 and file2 and puts the result into file3.
- Prints file1 to the screen, but pauses when the screen is full.
- Another paginator, similar to more.
- Sends file1 to a printer.
- Cancel a printer request. You must use the job identification reported by the lp command when you ran it.
- Show the print queues. You can use this to show how many print requests are ahead of (or behind) yours in the queue. lpq will also report request ids, if you forget them.
- List the contents of the current directory.
- List contents of the directory dirname.
- List all the files in a directory, including ones whose names begin with a period (.)
- Long listing. List the contents of a directory, with the protection, owner, dydis, modification date, and name of the files.
- Long listing. Synonym for ls -l.
- Print working directory. Prints the name of the current directory.
- Change directory. Changes the current directory to dirname.
- Change to parent directory. Moves up one level in the directory hierarchy.
- cd with no arguments will change the current directory to the home directory.
- ~ is shorthand for the home directory, so cd ~ will change the current directory to the home directory.
- ~username is shorthand for username’s home directory, so cd ~username will change the current directory to that user’s home directory.
- Make directory. Creates a new, empty directory named dirname.
- Remove directory. A directory must be empty before it can be removed.
- Disk usage. Summarizes the space taken up by all the files in a directory and its subdirectories.
- Report information about your disk quota.
- Bring up the Pine mail reader.
- Send mail to another user.
- Emacs editor.
- vi editor.
- Invokes the LaTeX typesetting program.
- dvips converts the output of LaTeX to postscript for the printers. The output is automatically sent to the printers unless the -o option is used.
- Spelling checker.
- Drawing program.
- DVI previewer. Displays a DVI file produced by LaTeX on the screen. You can use previewers to check how a document looks without wasting paper to print it.
- Postscript previewer. Displays a postscript file on the screen. Another good way to save paper.
- c compiler.
- c++ compiler (GNU).
- Fortran compiler.
- Pascal compiler.
- Utility for building and maintaining large programs.
On-line manual pages:
- Bring up the on-line manual page for a command.
- Bring up the on-line manual page for the man command.
man -k keyword
- Searches all the manual pages for ones relevant to the keyword.
- Shows current date and time.
- Shows other users logged into a system.
- Shows other users logged into a system, and what they are doing.
grep pattern filename
- Searches files for lines containing pattern.
- Exits an xterm window. If you are logged in remotely, this command will log you out of the system.